Samuel F. Hodge & Company
The Samuel F. Hodge & Co. was a manufacturer of marine engines in Detroit. Originally established in 1863 under the name of Cowie, Hodge & Co. In 1883 it was incorporated as the Samuel F. Hodge & Company. They turned out 125 engines between 1884 and 1899. They built the first triple expansion engine to be used on the Great Lakes. It was placed in the Roumania on October 2, 1886.
- "History of the Great Lakes". Samuel F. Hodge & Co. Retrieved March 27, 2008.