Euro Marine Logistics
|MV City of St. Petersburg in Newcastle|
|Public Anonymous Venture (N.V.)|
|Predecessor||Euro Marine Carrier B.V.|
|Founded||2011 Euro Marine Logistics
1990 Euro Marine Carrier
|Headquarters||Brusselsesteenweg 58 B 1860 Brussel (Meise), Belgium|
Number of locations
|27 offices/agencies in 17 countries|
|Marc Pauwels MD of EML|
|Parent||Mitsui OSK Lines
Euro Marine Logistics NV or EML is a European short sea shipping and logistics company headquartered in Brussels (Meise), Belgium. It is specialized in the transportation of finished vehicles and other RO/RO project cargo.
In 1990 Euro Marine Carrier B.V.(EMC), specializing in short-distance sea transportation within Europe, is established in Amsterdam, Netherlands. EMC is a privately owned shipping company with three owners: Nissan Motor Car Carrier (51%), Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (24,5%) and Höegh Autoliners (24,5%).
In 2011 EMC BV transferred its fleet to EML NV after changes of owner shares. The new company acting in the short sea is now named Euro Marine Logistics NV and is based at Brussel (Meise), Belgium. EML NV is a joint venture project between Mitsui O.S.K. Lines and Hoegh Autoliners.
EML operates a fleet of 15 ships with capacity of 33 000 CEU on 6 shipping routes. With a diversified fleet, EML serves 27 commercial ports in 17 different countries. The company operates on Mediterranean Sea, North sea and Baltic Sea. Through this presence and its effective policy like the combination of small, medium and large vessels, the company transport a volume of 950,000 CEU (estimated 2015) each year.
Short sea shipping is, as of today, the most ecological means of transportation and offering cheaper services than other means. As a leading short sea shipping in Europe and serving the SECA areas of the North sea and Baltic Sea, EML has committed to reduce its emissions (SOx, NOx…) in order to limit the impact of its activity on climate change. In order to reach this objective, EML is using an ultra low sulfur fuel and is part of the Trident Alliance.
- MOL and Höegh Autoliners form new logistics company for European short sea vehicle transportation. "Joint venture sees the creation of Euro Marine Logistics". Port Technology International (PTI). Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- The fleet is made up of 15 vessels, combining of small, medium and large vessels. "Euro Marine Logistics fleet". EML NV Official website. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- EML enhanced its services. "EML introduced two new services in 2015". Shipping And Marine - The Magazine For Maritime Management. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- The short-sea shipping is of strategic importance. "The short-sea shipping is an ecological mode of transport" (in French). EUROPEAN COMMISSION. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- No URL found. Please specify a URL here or add one to Wikidata.